|This template is used on approximately 449,000 pages, or roughly 11696% of all pages.|
To avoid major disruption and server load, any changes should be tested in the template's /sandbox or /testcases subpages, or in your own user subpage. The tested changes can be added to this page in a single edit. Consider discussing changes on the talk page before implementing them.
|This template uses Lua:|
This is a user link template for use internally on Wikipedia.
The username can be defined via a named or an unnamed parameter, i.e.
In cases of usernames which contain = sign, the former syntax should be used, e.g.
- User is a required parameter, e.g.
- Project defines a Wikimedia sister project to be used instead of the English Wikipedia, the correct code for the interwiki link should be used, e.g.
- Lang is the interlanguage code for a project to be used instead of the English Wikipedia, e.g.
|Lang=es. This can be used in conjunction with the project parameter.
- separator defines the symbol used to separate different links, e.g.
|separator=pipe. The default is a dot.
User information templates provide informational links for a user; they are similar to signatures, but often provide additional information, and may be used by other users. List:
- Demo user used is User:Example