Administrator access is granted to known and trusted members of the community who are familiar with the policies of Wikipedia. Administrator access is not meant to imply editorial authority on the project.
An administrator is simply a trusted user that can:
- protect and unprotect pages
- delete and undelete pages
- delete images and other uploaded files
- block and unblock users
- edit the interface and other protected pages.
You can request adminship if you meet the following criteria:
- You are not completely new to Wikimedia projects. You have been an editor for at least 2 months and you understand and agree with the goals of the project.
- You have a user page on this Wikipedia and are a contributor here.
- You agree to follow relevant policies and respect consensus of the users.
- There is a consensus amongst users here that you would be a suitable administrator.
As with the policy for administrator access on Meta, inactive administrators may have their access removed.
List of administrators[edit | edit source]
List of bureaucrats[edit | edit source]
Requests for adminship[edit | edit source]
Please explain here why you need administrator or bureaucrat access. After two weeks (untill this wikipedia gets more active this period shall be 1 month), if there is general agreement that you should be an administrator, one of the bureaucrats will fulfil the request. The period can be extented with two more weeks if response of the community is not forecoming.